Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) technology, which is part of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the National Airspace System (NAS). The program is committed to enhancing NAS efficiency by using the capabilities of the TBFM decision-support tool, a system already deployed in the contiguous United States.
Deputy Program Manager responsibilities:
• Oversee assigned parts of the program scope to ensure contract conformance within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives.
• Support Program Manager, including performing program-wide horizontal integration planning, identification, and management of internal and external dependencies.
• Serve as the program Risk and Opportunity Manager, maintaining and ensuring conformance to the Risk and Opportunity Management Plan, chairing the Risk and Opportunity Review Board, and leading the monthly risk review meeting with the customer.
• Ensure the program implementation of the TBFM Program Management Plan, including leading the program team in internal and external audits.
• Review and approve final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements.
• Prepare materials/briefings for and participate in customer monthly program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other customer meetings and briefings.
• Manage the weekly CR Screening workflow, including preparing the agenda and minutes, leading the meeting, and issuing Program Office Directives resulting from CR Screening decisions.
• Develop cost proposal to the FAA, as required.
• Requires BA/BS degree in relevant field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or MA/MS in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience leading Systems Engineering, Software, and/or Test teams.
• Ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance. The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of team members in various locations.
• Possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook, strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills, exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills, the ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation, and demonstrated program management skills.
• Experience related to project/program management with strong business acumen
• Strong understanding of program and business operations and will be responsible for achievement of mission critical milestones and contract performance on an ongoing basis. The successful candidate must be able to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose solutions.
• Represent the program in customer and internal reviews and meetings. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required by the program. Travel may be required to/from Washington, DC and Atlantic City, NJ.
• Prefer 3+ years of experience related to the management or supervision of the design, development, test, or acquisition of Air Traffic Control/Management systems with an average value of $100M or greater.
• Prefer previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience.
• Preferred location is Gaithersburg/DC area, although Atlantic City, NJ or Eagan, MN will be considered.
• Some teleworking may be possible, however, in-person presence will be required for key customer and team meetings.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.