The Intelligence Group at Leidos has an opening for an Imagery Analyst to support our customer in Springfield, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in traditional and innovative analytical tradecraft and efficient workflows to support a national security customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing support to technology analysis in determining areas for adoption and insertion within existing and new analytical workflows. As an Imagery Analyst you will apply proficient knowledge of GEOINT analysis techniques, Electronic Light Tables (ELTs), and advanced intelligence writing to design, develop and deliver geospatial intelligence products and lead emerging GEOINT tradecraft. Products can range from snapshots in time to long-term researched products. The candidate should have a geospatial analysis background and a strong ability to independently conduct research and initiate projects as they deem appropriate.
The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and must be able to create, edit, research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse data from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence products. The Imagery Analyst will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate. The candidate will exercise their oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency and with their customers. In this position the analyst will also assist in the development and documentation of geospatial intelligence analysis procedures, and maintenance of products.
- HS Diploma and at least 4 years of relevant imagery/geospatial analysis experience. A bachelor’s degree in a field related to intelligence analysis may count for up to four years of this experience.
- Active TS/SCI
- Ability to produce dynamic GEOINT products.
- Experience developing and documenting GEOINT tradecraft improvements.
- Strong knowledge of both soft copy exploitation and multi-spectral exploitation functionalities.
- Strong knowledge of the following systems and software programs: REMOTEVIEW, IEC, NES, and common office software to include PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Ability to incorporate multiple data sources.
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to brief senior staff officers to affect decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to NGA analysts to build effective customer relationships.
- Demonstrated experience using geospatial technologies (ArcGIS, Google Earth, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience creating intelligence products supporting mission requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using DoD/IC databases and tools.
- Demonstrated experience developing and sustaining inter-organizational mission partnerships or relationships across NGA, the Intelligence Community, and/or DOD.
- GEOINT database knowledge (commercial databases).
- Familiarity with ESRI suite of products.
- Familiarity with the TCPED process.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.