At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos is seeking a Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) in the Procurement and Enterprise Partnerships team. An SRM delivers exceptional service and value to Leidos through our high-performing, innovative supplier base. In this role, you will join a dynamic team responsible for building partnerships with key suppliers that will drive the overall business strategies. You will initially cover information technology (IT) suppliers.
Successful candidate will develop expertise with and proactively advocate for their assigned suppliers. You will work collaboratively with our technology, business development, proposal, and program execution teams to drive differentiation via partnerships that support growth opportunities. You will become the subject matter expert for your assigned suppliers and will identify new ways to collaborate to meet customer requirements. This is a highly visible position that interfaces with virtually all functions within Leidos, and Leidos executives will look to you as their primary point of contact for all matters related to your assigned suppliers.
This is position is based out of Leidos headquarters in Reston, VA.
- Function as a champion and an advocate for assigned suppliers
- Maintain intimate knowledge of supplier's capabilities, technologies, programs, training opportunities, and related areas
- Interface into Leidos procurement, business development, program management, technology organization, and Leidos executives
- Function as a category manager for key IT categories and develop intimate knowledge of your assigned commodities
- Create supplier partnership strategies, supplier resource documentations, and category strategies for assigned suppliers that support overall Leidos strategic initiatives
- Create training materials and provide thought leadership in the areas of supply chain
- Maintain and negotiate agreements with suppliers to support the overall partnership
- Brief Leidos executives on supplier strategies and partnerships
- Manage supplier-relevant events, such as tech talks, joint-technical strategy sessions, executive briefing center meetings, leadership engagements, summits, symposiums, and others
- Provide expertise into supplier capabilities to support major proposals
- Identify next generation emerging technology suppliers for Leidos
- Other duties as needed
- Relevant bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education with professional experience and specialized training
- 12 or more years of experience in areas of procurement, category management, supplier management, or project planning, with demonstrated history of developing solutions to meet program requirements, or master's degree with 10 or more years of same relevant experience
- Understanding of major IT suppliers and the rapidly changing IT space landscape
- Experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels to achieve a common goal
- Experience creating captivating presentations and briefing materials for different types of audience
- Sharp negotiation skills, with both external suppliers and internal colleagues
- Organization skills with strong attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight time constraints with multiple suppliers and multiple programs
- Extensive experience working with executives on all levels of engagement
- Experience in creating proposal volumes, press releases, newsletters, general articles, podcasts, videos, and others
- Experience in public speaking
- Knowledge in digital media, such as creating hypertext documents, manipulating vector graphics, editing images, handling post-production video editing, transcoding digital video, etc.
- Experience in drafting corporate policies, program manuals, or general guidelines
- Process improvement or automation experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.