As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Manufacturing Organization, the Test and Configuration Technician will be responsible for the test and configuration of various components and systems used to secure our nations ports and borders.
At our Vista, CA location we produce sophisticated scanning equipment that requires someone with a strong understanding of network protocols and computer applications. This is a manufacturing position that will execute the installation of software/firmware, test system functionality, and perform troubleshooting throughout the MFG process.
This role will require a combination of inside and outside work to test and configure the system. The ideal candidate is an energetic hands-on person able to multi- task and prioritize workloads. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount, as this position will interact with manufacturing, engineering, quality, and program management during daily operations.
- Execute and lead manufacturing system testing
- Participate and contribute to Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Conduct software/firmware installation and updates
- Install operating systems (OS) on PC’s
- Load system images
- Hard drive cloning
- Interface with component GUIs to configure components
- Troubleshooting of PC’s and their peripherals
- PLC programming
- Assembly of computer racks, cabling, and small assemblies
- Provide manufacturing level feedback to engineering on test plans and procedures
- Assist with work instructions development
- Complete all required manufacturing related documentation
- Adhere to company regulatory and compliance policies
- Associates degree in Computer science, networking, or control systems
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Certification in any of the following CompTIA A+, Network + Cisco, Routers
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing or research and development (R&D)
- Above average experience utilizing MS applications
- Ability to solve complex problems, often and with limited information or guidance
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Good business acumen with ability to navigate interdepartmental relationships
- Personal sense of integrity, trust, and respect
- Strong interpersonal skills used to set and maintain positive culture
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.