The Leidos Civil group is seeking Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) programs (AJW-242). This position is 100% remote.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by reviewing designs and Applying knowledge of electrical schematics and materials.
- Will manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Knowledge of electrical codes and standards including the National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and International Building Code (IBC)
- Experience in low voltage control systems, digital communication systems. Oversee projects all the way through completion.
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction-related punch-list items
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project estimates.
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering organization.
- Electrical Engineering degree from a 4-year ABET-accredited College/University degree and 4 to 8 years of relevant work experience or Masters degree in related field with 2 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION. Some accounting or financial experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.