Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical networks for our government and commercial customers.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here!
Are you ready to challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a System Administrator, Senior to join our National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Cyber Security Center (NCSC) Security Engineering & Operations (SEO) team. As a Senior System Administrator, you will play a valuable part in supporting the NCSC’s mission to protect NOAA networks, computers, programs and data from cyber-attack damage and unauthorized access. You will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and controlling computer information systems in a high paced environment.
The candidate will be a subject matter expert skilled in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7\8 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2\2016\2019, and later, BigFix patch management, Active Directory, Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Internet Information Services (IIS), OpenSSL, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter Server, Windows 10, secure network architectures, hardware procurement/maintenance, system/network management tools, and backup solutions.
As a Senior System Administrator on the Enterprise Infrastructure Engineering team, you will interact regularly with the Network Security, Applications, SIEM/SOAR, ISSO, Vulnerability Assessment teams, and on-site technical resources to ensure both the security and on-going stability of NOAA network.
You will be part of a fantastic team working on multiple information systems in a high demand setting ensuring the uninterrupted and secure day to day operation of the cyber security program.
We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from Fairmont, WV/Silver Springs, MD/ or Boulder, CO.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive while being challenged, keep reading!
- Provide technical recommendations for system upgrades, technical refreshes or new builds per demands set by the Team Lead
- Be a technical resource or direct individual projects when the candidate's knowledge and background meet the demands of the project group or task
- Provide for critical incident response & problem management including root cause of system problems, such as configuration issues resulting in operational performance degradation or system outages, promoting the Government with information and advice on the necessary correction actions and/or interim workarounds.
- Provide onsite architectural and design, support, development, and administration
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms, such as VMware vSphere, Red Hat Virtualization, Openstack, Docker Containers, etc.
- Reply to and troubleshoot Linux systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide Disaster Recovery recommendations/boost for a Primary and Secondary site configuration
- Provide documentation support for designs, implementations, configurations, knowledge base articles
- Assist with Operations and Maintenance duties of backups, application maintenance, and OS patching, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Be able to configure and manage Linux and Windows operating systems and install/load operating systems software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide technical support to end-user issues regarding desktop problems and/or server administration
- Configure user access, end-user applications, and assist with other duties, as requested
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks as set by the Team Lead
- Provide on-call support for mission-critical systems (rotational on-call)
- Develop detailed documentation to describe OS and COTS product deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries
- Develop, configure Monitor & maintain Active Directory (AD) structure to ensure high availability and data consistency for AD objects, users, groups & organizational units; ensure AD is available for various authentication services used by users and/or equipment
- Develop standard guideline on configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and diagrams related to the field communications systems equipment & networks
- Have strong communication skills
- BS education and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of design, development, integration, implementation, operations, and analysis of cyber security technologies
- 4+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
- Background as a Subject Matter Expert designing, implementing, and configuring on various operating systems (windows server, RHEL), patch management, and Active Directory
- Background providing O&M sponsor to complex, needed systems
- Prior involvement working freely and collaboratively to troubleshoot and correct operational issues
- Prior involvement working closely with customers and users to troubleshoot and resolve complex user issues
- Ability to work and brief customers to include senior management
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the enforced security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Background with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Be able to boost the daily maintenance, configuration, and security servers, workstations, and other network peripherals in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Extensive practice configuring, designing, implementing and troubleshooting with following technologies:
- Dell PowerEdge R940 servers and iDRAC, Active Directory (AD), AD Certificate Services, VMware Knowledge, vSphere 7.x, Site Recovery Manager, vSphere Replication, vCenter/Platform Services Controller, Knowledge of RHEL 6/7/8, Knowledge of Redhat Satellite 5.x/6.x/7.x, Knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, PERL, Jscript, Unix Shell, Python, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage contending/changing priorities.
- Demonstrated background and formal leadership training
- Demonstrated background in cyber security design, engineering, and operations
- Background with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
- Cyber Security Training or Certification (ie Security+, Network+, SPLUNK, FireEye )
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 53 series or ISO 27000 series documents
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrates poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure and high-stress situations
Clearance / Citizenship:
- U.S Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
- Silver Springs, MD
- Boulder, CO
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.