The Defense Group at Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to work at our customer site at MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill set helping the US BICES-X war fighters accomplish their important mission. US BICES-X is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations.
With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
What Will You Do
- Create and maintain detailed system documentation.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Maintain current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management to evolve current processes.
- Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
- Develop scripts and automation (BASH, Python, Ansible, Puppet, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
- Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8
- Red Hat Identity Manager
- Core Linux Infrastructure services (CA, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Red Hat Identity Management, File Share)
- Automation Technologies (Ansible/Puppet)
- Logging Technologies (syslog-ng/Splunk)
- Administer VMware virtual environments to include ESXi hosts, vCenter appliances, VxRail HCIs, and VSANs.
- Deploy/Patch Red Hat and core infrastructure services software.
- Upgrade and/or install, configure and maintain software as needed (GitLab, Splunk, NorthStar/Paragon, Puppet, Red Hat Identity Management, OpenNMS, VMware, IDPA, Firmware, etc)
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
What Sets You Apart (job qualifications)
- A Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of related systems engineering experience
- A current DoD SECRET level of clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI level of clearance
- A current DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II Compliant Certification
- Applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Vendor relationship and cost estimation
- Administering Windows Server Domains
- NetApp appliances
Travel - Up to 10% travel may be required
Preferred (nice to have)
- Experience with Solarwinds, PowerShell, Python, Ansible, and PowerCli.
- MS Windows Certification (MCSA/MCSE)
- VMware Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.