Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos’s engineering and manufacturing facility in Pittsburgh PA (Pleasant Hills – Zip code 15236) will have an opening for Quality Assurance Engineer with an emphasis in Quality ISO-9001:2015. This is an opportunity to bring your skillsets to our team and contribute with production of US NAVY environmental equipment. Prior US NAVY experience is desired but not required.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Works with the Program Manager and QEC Director to develop Quality strategies, objectives, and responsibilities for QA surveillance
- Work in an ISO 9001:2015 engineering/manufacturing environment and ability to refine/lead Quality Management this program.
- Serve as the Quality lead on each program at Pittsburgh site for the performance of planning, work product reviews, and quality audits.
- Implement and maintain the Pittsburgh Quality Assurance (QA) Plan and Quality Management System.
- Support Quality Management Reviews by reporting to QEC Director and higher-level management on the program’s quality achievements and the program’s progress towards meeting quality objectives
- Update the program’s Tailored Process Baseline (TPB) for any in scope programs or voluntary programs utilizing EngineeringEdge ® NextGen
- Provide review and input to program plans and program documents in support of accurate and on-time deliverables
- Execute timely internal quality audits in adherence with the program’s audit schedule and in compliance with Leidos policies and direction, report audit results to QEC Director and program leadership
- Provide proactive early identification of issues/concerns prior to nonconformances/events occur by analyzing trends associated with program key processes
- Generate and provide assistance on corrective action requests for audit findings and maintain the Common Audit Database (CAD) with timely updates/closures of audit findings
- Ensure engineering compliance to design/manufacturing/fabrication procedures for components and/or systems in accordance with customer requirements.
- Participate in peer reviews of development/updates to technical manual or user manuals and training material of equipment.
- Establish a test strategy for monitoring test procedure/plan compliance to Factory Acceptance Tests, Pressure Tests and document corrective and preventive actions according.
- Monitoring field troubleshooting of team’s US NAVY Shipboard OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) equipment from a documentation and configuration tracking perspective.
- Conducts root cause analysis on trends, customer concerns/CAR/negative CPARs to ensure corrective and preventive actions are performed to prevent recurrence
- Support external audits conducted in support of maintaining the organization’s ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI level 3 certifications
- Supports and proactively leads and documents process improvements (e.g., six sigma events), lessons learned and assists program team in creating a culture for continuous improvement
- Actively implements Mission Assurance goals and objectives and support QEC business rhythms
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Engineering or related field degree, with emphasis on ISO 9001:2015 quality experience.
- 4-8 years of experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in design of components and/or systems with concentration.
- Ability to work as individual and/or part of a team.
- Exceptional organization skills and configuration management.
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira, Confluence
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- US NAVY experience.
- Industry certification (ISO, CMMI, Lead Auditor)
- Desire for candidate to have industrial plant experience.
- PE preferred, design/fabrication/manufacturing expertise with attention to detail, very organized, ability to multi-task and participate in any/all levels of a task as needed.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance may be requested in future.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.