If you’re looking for meaningful work, this job with Leidos could be the place for you. The Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA) program at Leidos is looking to add a senior DevSecOps Engineer. Our mission is to develop tools for the United States Department of Defense test and training communities to help speed up the development cycle to get capabilities to the warfighter sooner. A key part of speeding up the development cycle is to automate DevSecOps. We are building a capability to be used by thousands of uses across the DoD Research, Engineering, Test and Evaluation Community. This candidate must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance to be considered for this position.
- Design and document an architecture for a web based DevSecOps environment to be made available to the OSD/Research and Engineering community
- Creates, leads, and implements the processes and tools to deliver an automated, CI/CD pipeline based DevSecOps system that is capable of supporting external users in an efficient, and secure manner.
- Works across the development, security, operations, and Infrastructure (HW and SW) teams to ensure that the DevSecOps tools and processes are supporting the holistic system development, integration and fielding effort
- Develop code that configures and monitors infrastructure
- Develop training for users of DevSecOps environment
- Bachelors in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of work experience in automation of software builds for C++, Java, and .Net
- 15+ years of experience in using and integrating software scanning tools
- Fundamental background with software design patterns and programming languages.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, GitLab Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Masters degree of equivalent in Computer science or Engineering
- 5 years experience working in infrastructure as code environment
- 5 years experience working for DoD OSD/R&E with knowledge of their processes and priorities
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.