The Defense Group at Leidos has a Training Specialist position open to support the WarFighter Readiness Program based out of Augusta GA. This position can be located and one of the following locations: Fort Campbell, KY, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD., Fort Gordon, GA., Fort Hood, TX., Fort Bliss, TX., and Fort Bragg, NC. This position will provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum on various power generation equipment to include but not limited to the Patriot EPP III, TQGs, AMMPS and commercial off the shelf (COTS) generators. These various courses are designed to provide training of electrical safety measure, understanding of relays and contactors, the use of multimeter, AC/DC voltage testing, schematics and wire diagram, troubleshooting 2KW-200KW generators (both TQG and AMMPS) and accessories. Students will complete written and hands-on exercises and testing throughout the duration of the course.
This position will require design, development, delivery and maintenance of training curriculum. Will instruct 2 week classes on electrical power systems at various locations CONUS and OCONUS. Work directly with the Program and Government POC's on training requirements. The position has the opportunity to be located at Fort Campbell, KY or home base. The location will be determined based on the selected candidate location. Travel for this position may or can be up to 75%.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions.
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability.
- Determine baseline application on new equipment to be integrated prior to shipping to location.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related experience. A minimum of 8 years directly related experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must be Subject Matter Expert (SME) of various power generation equipment to include but not limited to the TQGs, AMMPS, Patriot EPP III, commercial off the shelf (COTS) generators, HVAC, ECUs, COTS ECUs and IECUs.
- Certification of instructing from an accredited College/University, Trade School, or from an instructor certification course from a military training school.
- Vast knowledge and experience as a mobile training instructor.
- Knowledgeable of electrical and mechanical engineering, AC/DC Fundamentals, AC/DC circuitry, AC/DC troubleshooting theory, Electrical Power Distribution, pneumatic and hydraulic functions, troubleshooting skills, electrical mathematical formulas (Ohms Law, 3 phase power, voltage drops), diesel engines, various methods of fuel delivery, to include the ability to read and understand schematic drawing and tracing.
- Ability to research, analyze, and gather data for course ware development to include practical exercises for various training packages and an understanding of the validation / verification procedures for created curriculum.
- Experience with the Patriot EPP III systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.