You will be our seasoned professional supporting training efforts and the creation and maintenance of related training materials. In this capacity, you will be bringing your operational experience and related expertise to ongoing training activities supporting the development applications which are all gaining popularity as tools of choice for many IC and DoD intelligence analysts. You will reside at a factory location, and major focus areas will include tools training and the timely development and maintenance of both training materials and technical manuals, running parallel to and keeping current with the release of new tool functionality. IMPACT: Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes within professional area. Typically, responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level professionals. COMPLEXITY: Problems are unclear and may require understanding of a broader set of issues and may be difficult. Develops solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge. COMMUNICATIONS: Communicates with internal and client project team members. Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches. KNOWLEDGE: Has full understanding of concepts, principles, and industry practices within own discipline. Has deep understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Bringing the experience of a seasoned intelligence professional with a training/instructional design background and related experience, support factory efforts to design and develop complex technical training curriculum and materials
- Participate in complex training courses both at factory and CONUS/OCONUS customer locations. This includes classroom, virtual, and mobile aspects of the overall training effort
- Contribute to the existing and future training approach and the creation of related training materials
- Introduce and integrate our tool capabilities and related multi-INT methodology to a broad range of customers and their unique mission sets. Ensure training approach addresses all levels of user, spanning a variety of different mission applications
- Provide briefing and demonstration support to various IC and DOD customers as requested by the program. This may include community seniors and military officers
- Research and prepare technical/user manuals
- Create, gather, review, and analyze course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training sessions
- Work in parallel with factory agile software development efforts to remain current with the release of new tool functionality and reflect this in training materials and classroom offerings
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Must be a service oriented, self-motivated, organized, and a detail-oriented team player capable of participating in collaborative instructional development processes and activities
- U.S. Citizen & active TS/SCI Clearance with poly clearance
- Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum five years’ combined experience performing analytical work in the Intelligence Community
- Prior trainer/instructor experience
- Experienced in the maintenance and creation of training materials
- Background in adult learning and/or instructional systems design
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply Instructional Design models/principles to an online environment
- Previous experience supporting both DoD and Intelligence Community customers, to include interactions with community seniors and military officers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Will be expected to brief and contribute to written documentation
- Proven, detail-oriented analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with and support end users with varying levels of technical competence -government, military, and contractor
- Team player with the ability to also work projects independently with limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Prior military
- Multi-INT analytical experience using MIST, Intelbook, Watchbox, Linx, Drive and Reports
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Familiarity with ADDIE as an instructional systems design framework
- Experience creating and maintaining Training Support Packages (TSP’S) using Madcap Flare
- Prior experience using Camtasia
- Experience with Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- Understanding of agile software development
- Prior experience with web design
- Familiarity with or prior experience supporting agile software development activities
- Experience creating training materials to support agile software development efforts
- Knowledge of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
- Prior experience using JIRA software
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.