The Field Service Technician (FST) must be a self starter who is team oriented and focused on delivering the highest level of service excellence to Leidos customers. The FST is responsible for providing effective, efficient and compliant on-site technical and customer support for installed systems at assigned airports, as determined by Leidos needs. Will install, commission, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and test a variety of complex X-ray or CT based electronic and electromechanical equipment, which may include computer and networking systems. Many of the systems are integrated into a larger airport systems environment including complex baggage handling systems.
System types include the following but not limited to:
- Check point CT systems
- Checkpoint x-ray systems
- Explosive Detection Systems (EDS)
- Automatic tray return systems (ATRS)
- Explosive trace detection systems (ETD)
- Millimeter wave technology passenger screening (MMW).
Will follow standard protocol, procedures and identified best practices to isolate and resolve problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. The FST position requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision. The FST may be required to work and travel to other airport locations and Leidos customer sites for extended periods.
- Responsible for providing technical and customer support for installed systems and related projects.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot/diagnose, repair and test a wide variety of airport passenger and baggage security systems.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled Corrective Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance and radiation surveys.
- Maintain calibration on all test and radiation survey equipment.
- Provide customer training assistance of installed systems and equipment.
- Adhere to Leidos published maintenance and radiation survey checklists and procedures.
- Report design, reliability and system bugs to technical support.
- Report designated Quality issues (CAR) using Leidos Quality system
- Follow down machine escalation protocol to ensure time resolution of system failures.
- Prepare RMA repairable/returnable parts for shipment and return to identified defective location. Complete all RMA paperwork and reporting requirements.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined policies and procedures in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Assume responsibility for continued customer satisfaction, and coordinate all activities with the customer; assist with customer training while representing Leidos in a professional manner.
- Must be highly proficient in reporting activities, maintaining local spare parts inventory, recording travel expenses and timecard, implementing Tech Bulletins (TB’s) and using good judgment when dealing with customers.
- Comply with all safety requirements and all required training, following the guidance provided in Leidos policies, procedures, manuals, and TB’s.
- Comply with use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where and when applicable.
- Apply Lock Out – Tag Out (LOTO), following safe lifting practices and same day reporting of any accidents, near misses and unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all customer facility and Leidos company guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain tools and test equipment properly.
- Participate in on-going product training and maintain all necessary certifications.
- Provides daily written reporting on completed maintenance activities, used parts and consumables, machine faults, down times, and availability
- Responds to faults timely as per contracted response, repair times and endeavors best efforts to keep KPIs, and SLAs of the contract
- Keeps track of used parts as per procedures provides by Service Supervisor, returns the parts with RMA process
- Reports performance and availability of the machines as advised by Service Supervisor
- Identifies the Root Cause of repetitive parts failures and investigates for corrective actions to minimize parts consumption
- Perform other tasks, duties and assignments as required.
- A degree in electronics technology, mechanical or electrical engineering, equivalent military training or certified aircraft maintenance background.
- At least 3 years prior relevant field service experience, preferably in an integrated systems technologies environment.
- Prior experience in x-ray or computed tomography technologies, especially in the airport security environment, is a significant plus.
- Experience maintaining and supporting large, complex, electromechanical systems.
- Computer experience is required. Linux and Unix is preferable.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred.
- Must have good customer skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be self-starter, work well without supervision, and accept responsibility.
- Must be adaptable and willing to accept changing shifts and job requirements determined by business and customer needs.
- Must be willing to work on-call and off-shift as assigned and requested by manager or supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance as prescribed by the Company.
- Must be able to travel both domestic and international locations.
- Must work well without supervision and accept responsibility for timely completion of assigned work.
- The candidate must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 25 kgs.
- The candidate must be able to push/pull 90kgs.bs
- Must be able to work and freely navigate in the baggage area of the airport, where vertical ladders, crossovers, and low overhead ceilings frequently occur
- Must be able to work safely in environments where high temperature, humidity, noise and industrial equipment risks are present.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.