Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform needed for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management (SWIM), Data Communications (Data Comm), and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B). ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
The Air Traffic Control Subject Matter Expert (ATC SME) shall provide Air Traffic Advocate level of representation to the ERAM and DataComm Test Engineering Organization. Support will include test experience for system integration and formal testing, proven System Engineering skills (SW, CAS and HW), Strong Problem Determination skills, and ability to solve engineering issues in complex systems, ability to provide Data Reduction & Analysis for the test/lab activities.
The Air Traffic Control Subject Matter Expert (ATC SME) shall also provide general support for System Integration and Test activities in relation to testing the interconnectivity and functionality of the FAA external interfaces into existing and proposed Air Traffic Control Systems. Support will include test experience for system integration and formal testing, proven System Engineering skills (SW, CAS, and HW), Strong Problem Determination skills, and ability to solve engineering issues in complex systems, ability to provide Data Reduction & Analysis for the test/lab activities and Air Traffic controller understanding. Support will include knowledge of FAA interfacing systems and the development of test procedures.
Responsibilities both independently and as a team member:
· Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips
· Developing Change Request Verification (CRV) test plans and procedures
· Developing, testing, and validating test scenarios
· Executing tests in the Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
· Performing data analysis necessary to verify test results and Problem Report (PR) fixes
· Identifying, debugging, and resolving software and system issues, working across the various system functions and threads
· Writing tools/productivity aids to help manage the various systems
· Creating scripts/tools to automate log analysis and system recovery actions
· System Owner Support
· Manage and own issues in multiple labs/deployed systems in multiple locations Actively work with system owner leadership to manage the fix flow and release deployment in the deployed system
· Develop and implement release management strategies and procedures
· Delivering high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
· Meeting or exceeding all individual and team objectives/milestones
· Following all documented test processes and using the most efficient methods to deliver a quality product.
· Learning system architecture, design, functions and capabilities to support the integration and test of the new capabilities and enhancements.
· Participate in wide-ranging engineering activities: requirements analysis, solution development, verification and validation as well as deployment.
· Delve into and engage across multiple System Engineering domains (Infrastructure and Applications) with a focus on analytics, system functionality and customer satisfaction as the architecture evolves and matures over the software development lifecycle.
· Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
· Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface.
· Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
· Requires Bachelor of Computer Science or B.S Mathematics education and 7+ years of prior relevant background or Masters with 5+ years of prior relevant background.
· Be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
· Knowledge/background in ERAM, Air Traffic Controller skills and some of the FAA external interfaces (ARTS, ATOP, FDIO, HADDS, WMCSR, WARP, WINS, NADIN, RADAR, ADSB, DSP, SWIM, and NADIN Non-Us (CAATS/EURO)).
· The successful candidate will possess advanced integration skills and the ability to work freely in the following categories of integration:
o A good academic understanding and/or exposure to system engineering practices to contribute to and/or assist with system integration, requirements engineering, operational and decision analysis, systems definition, requirements baseline control and management.
o New system functionality integration
o PR verification
o Regression testing
o Data Reduction & Analysis
o Evaluating identified issues and helping to establish a solution with System
o Engineering and Software Engineering
o UNIX and Linux operating systems expertise
o Strong communication skills
o Problem Determination
o Air Traffic Knowledge
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.