Embedded SW developer assisting in the design, development, testing and certification of the next generation family of cryptographic modules used for securing data for high profile applications.
- Develop, test, debug and document embedded software enabling custom electronic systems to perform all functions necessary to meet overall system objectives.
- Develop and implement test plans to verify that each embedded software function performs as intended. Utilize commercial test tools or develop and adapt custom hardware and software to exercise and debug embedded software.
- Analyze system requirements and develop an implementation plan complete with functional definitions and reasoned allocation of those functions between hardware and software components.
- Design and develop complete system test plans to prove that all system requirements are being met and are properly implemented.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TSSCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- 12 (Twelve years) of embedded software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study (an additional four years of experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with Bash and/or Tcl/TK scripts
- Familiarity with the Information Assurance Security Requirements Document (IASRD)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.