The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices/mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (help desk) and Tier 2 (escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to customer management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages Linux and Windows operating systems and installs/loads OS software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing OS enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Perform daily system administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of UNIX, Windows, NetApp Data OnTap network attached storage, and VMware virtualization infrastructure.
- Track and respond to reported problems the tools provided.
- Install and remove system components or entire systems.
- Install, configure, integrate, and administer GOTS and COTS software.
- Monitor system availability and performance using administration tools provided by the customer.
- Troubleshoot existing system problems (hardware, OS, and application software) as reported by customers or the task lead.
- Perform data backup and recovery, which could include:
- Login to backup server and sign backup files.
- Login to backup server and correctly run the “write to tape” policy, which will be provided.
- Perform account, file, and print services management.
- Create and delete accounts in accordance with the governing security policies, which will be provided.
- Create file directories and permissions in accordance with governing security policies, which will be provided.
- Achieve Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVB) compliance via patch installation and management, and risk mitigation.
- Review audit data and log pertinent system events in support of accreditation and compliance requirements.
- Modify existing automation scripts to enhance systems support.
- Navigate and review current SCIP Gateway and Serial Guard log and audit files weekly.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must possess active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role
Work Environment Specific Information:
- Core hours for the program are from 0800-1600.
- An on-call roster for extended and after-hours technical support could be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Eight years of relevant SA experience.
- Understanding of Red Hat 6.5 and Red Hat 7 required.
- Familiarity with Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016 required.
- Must have experience aiding users and optimizing system operations.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, RHCE, Network+.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g., Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
- Experience with High Assurance platforms.
- Experience with application integration testing methods.
- Experience with software deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
- Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.