At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Engineer Lead to be part of a dynamic team within a large-scale enterprise-IT delivery and support program. The Network Engineer Lead will provide technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network such as Internet protocol (IP) networks, wide area networks (WANs), and public switched telephone networks.
This position requires depth and breadth of expertise in own specialized area and general knowledge sufficient to:
- Plan, design, install, maintain, monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, modify and support network communications systems to provide maximum performance and availability
- Plan, design, implement and support local and wide area networks (LANs/WANs) in the areas of Internet connectivity, capacity planning, routing, switching, server load balancing, network security, and wireless
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance network capabilities using specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices
- Solve complex problems and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Interpret internal/external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes, or services
- Use analytical thinking, tools, and judgement to identify innovative solutions
- Impact the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives while working to meet department objectives
- Communicate complex concepts, anticipating potential objections and influencing others to adopt a different point of view.
- Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provides capacity-planning solutions.
- Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manage the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provide the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilize software and hardware tools, identifies, and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoot network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph and the ability to satisfy any additional government-required clearance processing or screening, as determined necessary by the government
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 or more years of relevant experience
Pay Range: $105,300 - $162,000 - $218,700
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.