The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Test Engineer to play a key role with the integration and deployment of software for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Our team includes highly skilled systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists. Your work will be conducted primarily at our client location in Bethesda, MD with limited opportunity for telework (approximately 20%).
Working closely with project team members, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the following activities:
- Design test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms and with an emphasis on automation
- Promote continuous testing/ agile test strategies, test automation and DevOps
- Identify regression test candidates for automation, automating them and maintaining automated test cases
- Plan automation effort to keep automated tests up to date and help the team to implement continuous Integration
- Integrate test automation activities with other sprint activities
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC
- Estimate test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders
- Execution of test cases including functional, smoke, regression, performance, load and integration tests
- Reporting, tracking, validating and closing defects
- Recording test results and reporting them
- Participation in daily scrum meetings
- Participate in system design sessions to provide input on testability of new features
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs
- Support our processes by keeping track and gathering metrics on all testing activities
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
- Using metrics in quantitative project management concept to identify areas for improvement
- Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy
- Foster an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 4+ years in software development, release management, or operations management or related field, or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with test automation using Selenium and Java
- Experience with API and endpoint testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration pipeline
- Experience in drafting test plans and test cases
- Experience in using test management tools
- Experience with use of tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience as well as working within a team environment; Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Experience with big data applications
• Technical degree and/or certifications
• Experience with Elastic Search and experience with writing and executing backend tests using Kibana
• Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
• Familiarity with GitFlow development model
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.