Are you an energetic person interested in joining the Leidos team as a Senior Business Process Analyst (SBPA)? This important position supports the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) Defense Programs (DP) Office of Stockpile Management (NA-12). The SBPA will provide direct support to the Business Process Team (BPT) Lead and team members and perform a wide variety of cross-functional activities that include, but are not limited to, executing business process improvement/lean six sigma methodologies to improve NA-12 operations (e.g., policy management, performance management, and strategy). The SBPA assists the BPT members with liaison efforts (e.g. policy reviews) and coordinating day-to-day BPT activities among other DP Offices, the Department of Defense, or Design and Production Agencies as well as the Office and Human Capital & Business Operations.
This is a full-time position. The position is located in the NNSA offices at the Department of Energy Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C. with some telework allowed as approved by the customer.
Clearance: Able to obtain an ‘L’ clearance upon acceptance of the position and ability to obtain Q clearance within 2 years
- Manage business process improvement/transformation efforts for a major federal organization.
- Directly own and manage project deliverables such as process analysis, root cause analysis, problem identification, requirements gathering, benchmarking, user story development, and solution implementation.
- Conduct performance monitoring and management activities to identify organizational challenges and potential process improvement projects.
- Standardize processes and help set up and manage the project and program governance structures.
- Responsible for conducting Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), business case analysis, market analysis, and solution design.
- Remaining current with the newest IT and business strategies.
- Collaborating with senior leaders in internal and external offices to promote a culture of performance management and process improvement.
- Proactively identify avenues to increase business process improvement adoption.
- Drive quantifiable business outcome / impact through business analysis / process improvement engagements.
- Report to the Business Process Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, or a closely related field and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Obtained process improvement training/certification [e.g. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSS BB), Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) Certification, and Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)].
- Demonstrated direct and senior experience in analyzing, designing/developing and improving business processes, and transforming Business, Government, DOE/NNSA, Military, or Management and Operating contractor organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide business analysis expertise and apply process improvement methodologies to enhance and standardize management and operations
- Must be able to collate and analyze performance data to create meaningful reports that inform decision making
- Experience supporting or managing technical and process-related IT initiatives and projects
- Experience leveraging critical thinking skills for a rapidly shifting environment while maintaining attention to detail in a multi-project work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established policies, rules, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interacting with a range of federal and contractor staff and fully supporting federal team leads to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Strong organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing while working in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in business architecture software (e.g., Unicom System Architect, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect) and Visio).
- Master’s degree in Business, IT, or a closely related field with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience working in a government, government contractor, DOD, DOE, or military environment
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- A relevant understanding of applicable policies and procedures supporting NNSA programs is also a plus.
- Self-starter, possess the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and effectively interact with a broad range of Federal and military staff and senior leadership.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.