Are you an energetic person interested in joining the Leidos team as a Senior Business Enterprise Architect (SBEA)? This important position supports the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) Defense Programs (DP) Office of Stockpile Management (NA-12). The SBEA will provide direct support to the Business Process Team (BPT) Lead and team members and perform a wide variety of cross-functional activities that include, but are not limited to, documenting business processes and function, and participating in business process improvement/lean six sigma efforts to improve NA-12 operations (e.g. policy management, performance management, and strategy). The SBEA assists the BPT members with liaison efforts (e.g. policy reviews) and coordinating day-to-day BPT activities among other Defense Program (DP) Offices, Department of Defense, or Design and Production Agencies as well as the Office and Human Capital & Business Operations.
This is a full-time position. The position is located in the NNSA offices at the Department of Energy Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C. with some telework allowed as approved by the customer.
Clearance: Able to obtain an ‘L’ clearance upon acceptance of the position and ability to obtain Q clearance within 2 years
- Manage strategy and business enterprise architecture efforts for a major federal organization.
- Directly own and manage project deliverables such as process analysis, process and functional modeling, requirements gathering, user story development, and solution implementation.
- Conduct data analysis to identify data and information challenges, potential business architecture projects, and potential process improvement projects.
- Standardize processes and help set up and manage projects and program governance structures.
- Responsible for conducting as-is and to-be business architecture modeling and maintaining a robust data architecture to enable decision-making using models and data.
- Remaining current with the newest IT and business strategies.
- Collaborating with senior leaders in internal and external offices to promote a culture of transformation.
- Proactively identify avenues to increase business process improvement adoption
- Drive quantifiable business outcome / impact through business architecture efforts
- You will report to the Business Process Team Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, or a closely related field and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Obtained business enterprise architecture training/certification [e.g. The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and (Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)]
- Demonstrated direct and senior experience in identifying, analyzing, and improving business processes, identifying disparate data, and integrating stove-piped data in Business, Government, DOE/NNSA, Military, or Management and Operating contractor organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide business enterprise architecture expertise to enhance and standardize management and operations
- Must be able to collate and analyze performance data to create meaningful reports that inform decision making
- Experience supporting or managing technical and process-related IT initiatives and projects
- Experience leveraging critical thinking skills for a rapidly shifting environment while maintaining attention to detail in a multi-project work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established policies, rules, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interacting with a range of federal and contractor staff and fully supporting federal team leads to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Strong organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing while working in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in business architecture software (e.g., Unicom System Architect, Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect) and Visio).
- Master’s degree in Business, IT, or a closely related field with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience working in a government, government contractor, DOD, DOE, or military environment
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- A relevant understanding of applicable policies and procedures supporting NNSA programs.
- Self-starter, possess the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and effectively interact with a broad range of Federal and military staff and senior leadership.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.