At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Splunk Developer/Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). In this role, you will provide design support for a very large distributed Splunk environment, spanning security, performance, and operational roles. Additionally, you will support the visualization development lifecycle from requirement gathering, data correlation, end user dashboard development, Splunk App integration and configuration, and deliver dashboards that provide actionable data for administrators, service owners, and decision makers. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Design efficient and reusable reports and dashboards to integrate multiple mission applications’ health, performance and operational data systems into Splunk
- Utilize third party integration applications approved by Splunk to integrate data from other monitoring platforms into Splunk ES and ITSI dashboards.
- Create front-end automated data visualization services using Splunk
- Develop viewable Splunk dashboards to provide visibility into ingested log data
- Develop alerts that trigger/activate on configured setting to deploy or sends a note/email/attachments to a particulate destination email or groups
- Maintain the Splunk servers ensuring systems are available and indexes are not exceeding storage capacity.
- Create additional indexes to separate data to expedite searches as required.
- Create configuration files to deploy to servers/workstations within the environment(s) to ensure proper data is being gathered are reported to Splunk
- Update the Splunk environment; including indexers, search heads, heavy forwarders, client installers, etc.; based on best practices and vendor supportability.
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior team members
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAM Level II certification requirements
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect. Equivalent certification or higher
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience configuring and maintaining the tool in a multi-tenant environment
- Experience with AWS Cloud tools and services.
- Experience in SQL and in Linux
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.