Database Administrators maintain operational Oracle databases and supports the data transformation processes to enable storing and retrieval of customer data with a Data Warehouse. Database Administrators ingest data from internal and external sources and present that data for analytics and business intelligence. Database Administrators also main and administer application-specific databases. The Data Warehouse is currently implemented with the Data Vault 2.0 specification.
- Design the logical data relationships and query structures of new databases considering factors such as access methods, access frequency, storage media, data volatility, query requirements, and operating environments to support insider threat detection application software and data analysis.
- Design enterprise database strategies for functions such as backup, recovery and migration.
- Evaluate data sets and engineer solutions for integrating into the Data Warehouse.
- Sustain existing Data Warehouse and application databases.
- Perform daily database administration functions such as developing queries and reports based on customer requirements, modifying or developing database views, and managing backup and recovery operations.
- Develop, sustain and preserve user manuals and instructions that guide customers in executing data access functions such as running queries and reports.
- Participate in multi-functional teams and manage work through JIRA
- Demonstrates advanced subject matter expertise in job family.
- Contributes to and may lead the planning and implementation of large programs in the function, and regularly interfaces with senior management and executive leadership.
- Plays a role in overall functional strategic planning.
- TS/SCI with eligibility to pass/obtain CI Polygraph once on contract
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in related field
- Possess a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Application Software and Extract Transform Load (ETL) and/or Data, - Database and/or Data Warehouse implementations
- Possess experience with SQL and SQL Plus
- Possess experience building and scheduling data integration scripts that automat ingest of data from multiple sources (Oracle, SQL, Postgres)
This position has a target range for compensation of $90,000 - $108,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $116,000.00 - $156,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.