The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a Security Specialist at our Arlington VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in managing very intricate programs in support of the mission. Serve as the assistant special security official providing expertise in all security functions for this program in accordance with the NISPOM supplements, overprints, and other government regulations, e.g., DoDM 5205.07 Vols 1-4, ICD’s, DoDM and 5105.21 M1.
Please note: Work location for this position will be Arlington, VA
- Providing day-to-day support to the management and technical staff
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducting annual self-inspections
- Submitting personnel for access
- Maintaining personnel records
- Conducting initial and annual refresher training
- Performing debriefs
- Maintaining document control
- Completing Fixed Facility Checklists
- Performing security violation investigations
- Transferring classified material
- Submitting foreign travel notifications
- Sending visit notifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of professional security experience. Associate degree and 6+ years of relevant experience will be considered or 8+ years of experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered
- Must have at least 4+ years of professional security experience
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to classified information. Preference for current SSBI
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, i.e., special security, and DoD security programs
- An understanding of security principles and government special security regulations (i.e., ICDs, DODM 5205.07 vols, NISPOM, JSIG, Supplement and Overprint)
- Contribute to the development and execution of security policy, plans and procedures
- Excellent organizational/communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse security professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, to foster collaboration and deliver world-class security solutions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or Military experience
- Some SAP Security Courses
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.