The Maintenance Electrician functions as key member of a multi-skilled team to safely and effectively maintain facility infrastructure and critical systems at the Joint Defense Facility Pine Gap. The Maintenance Electrician provides a professional service in the execution of technical repair & maintenance of all assigned facility infrastructure equipment. This includes elements of planning, organization, coordination, scheduling, training, mentoring, and resource management associated with the day-to-day maintenance of the facility.
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the efficient and timely identification and completion of maintenance work tasks and ensuring high levels of service are maintained. This role also ensures that the Maintenance Electrician completes repairs and maintenance of all equipment in a manner that maximizes productivity and equipment reliability.
The Maintenance Electrician is a member of a small team of experienced tradespeople responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of multiple system components and equipment that supports both mission and routine business operations, as well as responding to unscheduled repairs. Within this team the
Maintenance Electrician must contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, supporting the implementation of improvement initiatives and technical advance as well as having the ability to think on their feet and complete assigned tasks to a high standard.
This position works closely with the Facilities Operations Team, other Facilities Maintainers and OASIS departments to foster, promote and maintain best-practice standards and enable reliable, consistent and effective maintenance and operation of facility systems. This role is key to the success of the broader O&M team and thus also works closely with all Facilities O&M personnel in the delivery of high-quality facility O&M services to enable the JDFPG mission
- Operate and maintain facility infrastructure, systems and equipment.
- Effect the day-to-day operation and maintenance pf allocated facility infrastructure, equipment, and systems.
- Execute rapid and reliable response to abnormal facility operational situations and emergencies, including equipment repair when necessary.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with peers to ensure best-practice standardization, coverage and continuous individual and team improvement.
- Monitor and facilitate the update of technical drawings, panel schedules and equipment operating procedures.
- Maintain a complete and current working understanding of all relevant facilities infrastructure, equipment and systems.
- Install new electrical equipment and infrastructure as requested.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Strong understanding of Work Health Safety (WHS) Act, and EHS policies & procedures;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working within Facility Maintenance or similar technical environment;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of technical terminology relating to Electrical infrastructure and electronic equipment;
- Strong understanding of facilities equipment and functionality;
- Strong understanding of facilities O&M requirements;
- Strong understanding of equipment maintenance requirements (preventive, predictive, & corrective);
- Demonstrated understanding of 110V (US) power, or willingness to learn;
- Demonstrated capacity to gain understanding and appreciation across other relevant technical areas such as High Voltage and Power Generation.;
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving, decision making and analytical skills;
- Enterprise Resource Planning experience. (SAP, Archibus)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Industrial Electrical
- Power Distribution
- Understanding of Industrial Control Circuits
- Understanding of VFD’s
- Australian candidates must hold and be able to maintain an Australian "A" Grade Electrical License,
- US candidates must hold and maintain a minimum of a US State Journeyman’s License
- Working at Heights
- First Aid/CPR
- 4 years post trade experience.
- Experience with diverse range of power distribution equipment highly regarded.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.