The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking an experienced, focused professional to serve as a Sr. Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Systems Engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions for program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
- Manager Tier 3 Software Systems Engineering support
- Provide Systems Engineering and Project Management expertise ensuring exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer’s mission IT ecosphere
- Develop innovative Systems Engineering solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as the Sr. Systems Engineer interfacing with PM and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Oversee and manager System Engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Manage Systems Engineering projects across multiple environments
- Oversee and support Tier 3 Systems Engineering support to Software Engineering activities
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Manage systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Requires a BS and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 8 or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment
- Proven experience with one or more of the following procedural disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Systems Engineering and Integration
- Project Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and MS Project software suites
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) using the NSIS process framework
- ITIL Framework driven mission operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.