The Defense Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior IT Specialist to support execution of projects on the NGEN-R SMIT contract and to be located in New Orleans, LA. The Senior IT Specialist will oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of network operations specialists. The qualified candidate will also perform asset scanning and logging of assets that have been delivered in accordance with established Government directives for both Lab and Production assets.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform advanced systems installation, operation, integration, and troubleshooting in order to maintain optimum Information Technology (IT) system operations.
- Design and oversee upgrades and new installs of IT systems and services ensuring coordination with Cyber Security Specialist. Perform Tier III upgrades of networking systems, IT systems, and storage networking.
- Perform Tier III troubleshooting, optimization, and performance management of Internet Protocol (IP), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and routing protocols.
- Integrate enterprise, regional, and local IT systems ensuring current network operations are sustained or oversee their recovery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
- At minimum, ten years of IT experience including Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Must possess an Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II and a MDAE - Certified Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Expert Certification.
- US Citizen with an active DOD Secret clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.