Leidos has a career opportunity for a Manager, Social Engagement, reporting to the Director, ESG. The position will play a critical role on the team that develops, executes and communicates the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy and initiatives.
The successful candidate will have deep insight and experience in ESG issues, with a specific focus on the topics in the social category. At Leidos, this compromises mental health and well-being, inclusion and diversity, education and STEM among other topics. The ideal candidate brings expertise in core issues along with an ability be creative, flexible, and adaptive to new challenges while seeking new connections among diverse stakeholders.
- Develop and execute ESG strategies that contribute to Leidos’ brand and make an impact on critical issues facing the company and our communities.
- Envision and execute new programs that increases impact for Leidos on key social issues.
- Create and maintain new relationships with influential partners that support Leidos’ commitment to key ESG issues.
- Work with stakeholders to level up existing programs (such as Mission for the Mind, Leidos’ mental health initiative) in order to scale impact.
- Contribute to the development, production and distribution of communications materials, including sustainability/corporate responsibility reports, disclosures, internal materials, messaging, talking points and more.
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations that are meaningful and relevant to the company’s ESG efforts.
- Collaborate with internal business partners and communications & marketing colleagues to amplify efforts and firmly establish the company in the space.
- Provide insightful, informed and strategic communications counsel to business leaders.
BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years or prior relevant experience. Five or more years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Familiarity with social responsibility and environmental sustainability including working to align business objectives and corporate purpose with ESG strategy, priorities and activities.
- Knowledge of sustainability, environmental and ESG issues and deeper expertise in key social issues including mental health and wellness and inclusion and diversity.
- Experience engaging with, and building consensus among, external groups focused on key social issues relevant to Leidos.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide integrated and durable solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly through continuous interface with senior leadership, program managers, and other high-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to become a trusted partner and advisor to business teams and senior management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a self-starter across a variety of competing priorities and to guide less experienced staff.
- Possession of excellent organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for engaging in the community and a commitment to Leidos’ core values.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.