Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Are you tired of working 60+ hours a week? Are you looking for a better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, it’s a way of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If this sounds good to you, we invite you to explore our job opportunities with Leidos.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Airspace / Aviation Analyst to work in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support in the review of proposed airspace changes, National Airspace System (NAS) impact analysis, aviation noise studies, Special Use-Military Use Airspace, recurring facility and airspace review work groups/committees, and community outreach.
Routine Duties Will Include:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) by analyzing impacts to current uses of the NAS from proposed airspace changes.
- Provide technical and analytical support to analyze complex airspace issues.
- Analyze flight track data and create operational scenarios using airspace reporting and mapping tools.
- Assist with statistical analysis including trend analysis, root cause analysis and prepare presentations and reports from this data.
- Track airspace documents as scheduled for publication or public comment.
- Participate in community involvement on federal projects involving changes to the NAS.
- Provide coordination between the FAA, environmental specialists, and FAA field facilities on formal and informal processes for community involvement on FAA projects.
- Analyze and document noise inquiries from the public, communities, and Congressional Inquiries.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
- Previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted/considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.