The qualified candidate will serve as a Security Analyst, within an established Information Security team, at our Leidos office building in San Diego, California. Under the direction of the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) the position-specific responsibilities may include:
- A combination of duties to protect information and maintain security controls for an entire system, site, or program to reduce risk.
- Assist in managing risks related to the use of processing, storing, or transmitting information within an Information System.
- Assist in the completion of software and hardware inventories.
- Reduce or eliminate impact to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of information and information systems.
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Facilitate hardware moves and relocations (requires the occasional lifting of computer systems/monitors)
- Train end users on proper security procedures.
- Update security documentation.
- Complete audits of information systems.
- Work with a Systems Analyst to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Research security flaws and document remediation steps
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance is required for consideration.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- DoD 8570.01 compliant certification for IAM Level I, e.g., Security + w/CE, or the ability to obtain either within 6 months of employment.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- The qualified candidate shall have some customer service skills and the ability to work independently, prioritize, schedule, and complete multiple tasks.
- Current DoD Secret clearance
- Experience conducting security audits of information systems.
- Extensive training or experience with Windows-based Information Systems with a working knowledge of LINUX operating systems.
- Vulnerability assessment and analysis experience utilizing SCAP, ACAS/NESSUS and DISA STIGs
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with DoD implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and governing directives (NIST, CNSS, DCSA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM)
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.