Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Geospatial Analysis or Airborne ISR, traveling to exciting locations supporting missions around the globe? We have opportunities for you on the Army Buckeye Program!
What’s in it for you?
Our Geospatial Analysts process and disseminate high-resolution 3D geospatial information working with LiDAR data and electro-optical imagery in a production environment at CONUS and OCONUS locations.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
Understand the collection and processing of tactical and wide area mapping imagery and LiDAR
Ensure proper collection of data for accuracy and quality
Process raw LiDAR and electro-optical data to final products
Color balance and orthorectify imagery, mosaic imagery into seamless maps
Process GPS trajectories, edit LiDAR point clouds, and create digital elevation models
Perform QA/QC and ensure proper data management
Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and collection equipment
Work closely with pilots and processing teams to plan and execute missions
Operate and maintain airborne LiDAR and imagery acquisition systems
Complete necessary field logs and data transfer duties
Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or other related discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Interim Secret security clearance within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability/willingness to travel about 50% of the time (3-4 month deployments) and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Meet Program training and DoD medical examination requirements for deployment, including meeting all CONUS Replacement Course (CRC) deployment requirements
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong people skills for collaborating with others, communicating with your supervisor, and speaking with customers/clients.
- Ability and willingness to drive/operate a motor vehicle in overseas locations
Up to 50% (3-4 month deployment periods) OCONUS travel required
Security Clearance Requirement
Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance
- Active DOD Secret Clearance or higher
- Practical geospatial analysis experience (professional or volunteer)
- Previous experience with commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, etc.
- Formal training as a Geospatial Analyst as well as familiarity with ISR applications, tools, and systems
- Background working with military customers
Pay Range:Pay Range $39,650.00 - $61,000.00 - $82,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.