Are you interested in being part of a world class team that is supporting one of the world’s largest integrated transportation, logistics and supply chain systems? Interested in a position that will encourage and promote future growth opportunity? If this excites you, Leidos has just the role for you!
The Defense Group at Leidos seeks a Information Assurance Engineer for the IGC III contract with USTRANSCOM.
As part of the IGC Team, you’ll be working with IGC, USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). You will work hands on with the IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. Customers that you will be supporting and sustaining include the Combatant Commands, Services, DOD, and other federal agencies.
This role is primarily teleworking support; however, occasional onsite support will be required at customer site - Scott Air Base, IL; therefore, must be in the local Scott Air Base area.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
- Maintain compliance of the IGC program utilizing Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-37 (NIST SP 800-37)
- Access the Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE) Security Technical Implementation Guide) STIG repository to download, benchmarks, STIGs and tools
- Utilize the STIG Viewer to create checklists, analyze vulnerabilities, determine findings and prepare remediation and mitigation strategies for RMF Continuous Monitoring requirements
- Review weekly USCYBERCOM Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts and Bulletins (IAVAs and IAVBs) for applicable vulnerabilities
- Submit weekly Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) reports and prepare IAVM and non-IAVM patch packages for manual patch application by system administrators
- Analyze Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans using the Enterprise Security Posture System (ESPS) and report IAVM and non-IAVM vulnerabilities to system administrators to ensure systems are patched prior to remediation due dates
- Maintain quarterly RMF STIG Plan of Action and Mitigation (POA&M) and weekly IAVA POA&M
- Install Microfocus Fortify Scan Engine/Rulepack updates to Clearcase.
- Scan/Analyze IGC code utilizing Microfocus Fortify and collaborate with customer/developers to mitigate/remediate security findings
- Prepare and deliver IGC releases for Government security approval
- Prepare and update RMF documentation as part of Continuous Monitoring
- Develop metrics for measuring and improving the effectiveness of the IGC security plan
- Manage secure systems and security containers in a classified environment
- Communicate directly with military, other contractors, and U.S. Government personnel; therefore, requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prepare and lead weekly Information Assurance meeting
- Collaborate with developers and engineers to advise on secure system configurations
- Provide Vulnerability Assessments with recommended mitigation/remediation steps
- Additional duties may include supporting Technical Writing, Systems Analyst/Administration, Tier2 Help Desk, Test Engineering, Development
- Tailor Leidos Engineering procedures to meet program requirements and standards.
- Support proposal efforts and other tasks, as required.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- B.S. in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience or 12 additional years’ of experience in lieu of degree
- Hold DoD-8570 IASE Level 2 baseline certification (CISSP, CISSP-Associate, CSSLP, or CASP+ CE)
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, defense-in-depth and common security elements
- Experience with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) 8500 series instructions, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) guidelines and (NIST) 800 series to ensure compliance of deployed and local infrastructure assets
- Experience with Security Tools
- Understanding of Sharepoint
- Understanding of VMware technology
- Understanding of Systems and Test Engineering Processes
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and methods
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.