The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group is seeking a Splunk Engineer in support of the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) NOC.
With the CESO program, the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, which provides secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and intelligence communities. As part of this task order, Leidos will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of legacy systems, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
This position is in either Alexandria, VA, or Arlington, VA with occasional/situational travel.
- Implement engineering strategies to provide operations and maintenance support in a distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, and search head servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles
- Provide engineering oversight in recognizing and onboarding data to Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP, and modular inputs from a variety of sources.
- Design, build, implement, and administer Splunk infrastructure in on-premises and cloud environments.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration in on premises and cloud environments
- Edit and maintain Splunk configuration files and apps
- Provide operational and architectural support for Splunk Universal Forwarder on Linux and Windows endpoints
- Work closely with other teams and business stakeholders to develop and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration in on-premises and cloud environments
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of Splunk and related systems to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required
- Normalize data to ensure CIM compliance, and develop data models to accelerate queries, dashboards, and correlation searches
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT and 8+ years of experience; Additional experience may substitute for degree
- Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification
- Candidate must possess an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain CI Poly.
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.