The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assembly Technician to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to populate and test printed circuit boards by hand and with machine-enabled tools. The candidate must have experience with PCB manufacturing, PCB assembly equipment, components and processes, and the management and storage of associated fluids, gases and materials. This position will be responsible for directly and indirectly managing personnel and teams in order to meet objectives.
- Manage personnel, project tasks, objectives and schedules for PCB design, fabrication and assembly
- Design and develop new customized PCB engineering solutions to support unique and complex customer requirements
- Create PCB design and fabrication, and managing associated component files
- Maintain a safe operating environment in the shop and work closely with the safety officer to adhere to OSHA and EPA regulations
- Lead and manage the development and direction for associated officer training courses
- Communicate and interface with internal customer and stakeholders to gather end product requirements for development
- Review E-CAD designs to ensure boards are correct and will work as designed, must be able to fix errors early to ensure smooth delivery process
- Communicate with vendors to define specific components required and the associated timelines
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required 5% of the time
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Active TS/SCI; must be eligible and willing to upgrade to a TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 8 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree/combined with education
- Experience managing manual and machine-enabled printed circuit board assembly
- Demonstrated experience with manual PCB assembly to include soldering
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with PCB design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting PCB fabrication and assembly equipment, software, and supplies
- Demonstrated experience interpreting schematics, assembling PCBs and components using industry best practices, soldering and performing 100% quality inspections of final assemblies
- Demonstrated ability to advise and assist engineers with fabrication best practices, PCB layouts, assembly insights, and PCB assembly equipment and tooling
- Demonstrated experience leading teams including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain IPC certifications
- Demonstrated experience in project management
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- IPC Certifications
- Altium training and design
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.