As an ISSE III – Technical Lead, you will oversee a team of cyber professionals providing security engineering support for the design, implementation, and secure sustainment of systems supporting the missions of National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) including Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3), Continuity of Government (COG), and Senior Leader Command, Control and Communication Systems (SLC3S). The ISSE will perform in a leadership role overseeing the technical execution of 10-15 teammates including professional development, approval of weekly timesheets, and input to annual performance reviews.
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Security Engineering or related field with a minimum of 20+ years of experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) or Network Engineer on similar programs and/or contracts
- Candidate must possess an active CISSP and CISSP-ISSEP certification
- Strong writing skills including the ability to review and edit technical materials produced by others on the team
- Confidence and ability to present briefings to senior level DoD officials in both prepared briefings and/or in ad hoc discussions.
- Additionally, the candidate must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Expertise in network technology and systems security engineering. Experience in identifying, researching, characterizing, and documenting security weaknesses related to operating systems, software applications, firmware, network hardware components, as well as network architecture design and documented policies and procedures.
- Experience developing and documenting system security requirements and conducting requirements gap analysis.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with the NIST Special Publications 800 Series, CNSSI 1253, and DoD 8500.
- Experience with network technologies and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of network protocols, communications systems and architectures
- Should have significant hands on experience implementing security and/or network components, i.e. routers, firewalls, IPS, IDS, etc.
- Ability to work independently within a schedule and with little direction.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.