Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Defense division currently has an opening for a Onsite Technical Representative. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. In this role, you will operate autonomously with minimal supervision in a remote location, and be the single point of contract for the Government Customer in the Pentagon. The overall program provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. You will be solely responsible for performing all of these tasks at the Washington, D.C. Office.
Hourly Rate: $43.00-$44.00
Clearance: You must hold a current Top Secret clearance to qualify. You must be eligible to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance following hire.
What will you do in this role?
• Provide subject matter expertise, apply knowledge on IT operating systems and all IT service requirements associated with the Washington, D.C. office.
• Work independently in a geographically separate location than the rest of the Service Desk. Coordinate with the Service Desk in Colorado Springs to provide support as the single point of contact in the Washington, D.C. office.
• Oversee, monitor, and report on Service Desk performance (manage the operation of the Service Desk phone and tracking systems, manage incoming user calls or requests, log incidents and service requests, review incoming incidents and service requests, research and provide resolutions to user problems, escalate incidents and requests to appropriate personnel).
• Develop and implement procedures that support the execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defining roles and responsibilities, knowledge base articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements.
• Identify and implement opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software, and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
• Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
• Identify problems and implement solutions, including recommending and developing customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
• Monitor health, performance, and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents
• Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Assist local (Joint Service Provider) and Peterson Space Force Base (PSFB) upgrades as required
• Support remote access and telework capabilities across various mobile platforms and applications
• Communicate with Government customers, internal customers, team members, and management regularly during all aspects of Service Desk operations and ongoing technical issues.
• Establish/enforce KPI metrics, reports and goals that are aligned with the long-term strategic direction to facilitate the overall customer mission.
• Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
• Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis.
• Develop and disseminate help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal stakeholders.
• Evaluate IT tickets to determine the solution and ensure all actions taken to resolve tickets are well documented in the IT ticketing system.
• Work with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and, support our customers.
• Provide thorough triaging of tickets by liaising with other IT teams.
• Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation.
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
• 2+ years of experience in a Service Desk environment.
• Must hold an active Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT II Certification.
• Must hold current CompTIA A+ Certification.
• Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing.
• Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards.
• Must be familiar with all facets of IT – must possess a basic level of understanding on Virtual Private Network (VPN) links, transport layer, active directory and roaming profiles, mobility, and infrastructure technologies as they will be expected to play a critical role in diagnosing and resolving Tier 2 or 3 level issues
• Must understand how to research innovation as they will be expected to provide IT solutions related to the Washington Office – both technical and process improvements
• Must understand SCCM and imaging holistically as the OSTR will participate in testing and rolling out workstation images
• Experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance.
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members.
• Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management.
These are the preferred qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in associated field.
• ITIL Foundations Certification.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.