Are you a creative thinker, a passionate storyteller, and a life-long learner? Are you a mid-career marketing/communications professional who’s eager to tell the world about disruptive trends and groundbreaking research in autonomous vehicle tech and infrastructure? If this sounds like you, we’d like to talk.
Leidos is hiring a Mid-Level Communications Specialist in McLean, Virginia, to join a team of researchers and communicators working the latest automated vehicle technology on behalf of the U.S government. In this position, you will be a key player in the execution of the overall communications strategy and implementation plan to inform, educate, engage, and develop stakeholders in the transportation industry. You will perform as a marketing/communications generalist and will have regular opportunities to showcase your wide-ranging talents. In addition to getting your hands on a diverse set of deliverables and taking ownership over their quality and timeliness, you will also use your experience to help the team think strategically and bring new ideas to the floor, helping us see things from new perspectives.
Not only will you create original content in a variety of media, you will also be asked to provide analysis on performance of the campaigns and materials you produce. The successful candidate will have the ability to grasp highly technical material and translate it into compelling content for a variety of media and audiences. The outstanding candidate will proactively seek out complementary datapoints and additional context for the various forms of content they will create.
The Communications Specialist will be a key part of the Saxton Transportation Operations Laboratory (STOL) team sponsoring the communications and outreach needs associated with the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA’s) cutting-edge research developing connected and automated vehicles (CAV) on behalf of the U.S Government.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Content Generation and Management
· Develop and execute communications and outreach campaigns that strengthen print, digital, and multimedia solutions. This includes creating and editing compelling content for websites, videos, presentations, fact sheets, social media, general and technical media publications, newsletters, and other associated media and materials.
· Partner and coordinate government editing teams to ensure compliance to federal guidelines
· Review, edit, and develop concise summaries and briefings of technical and/or research reports for technical and lay audiences.
· Perform data analysis and reporting to measure the effectiveness of communications, outreach, and marketing tactics
· Event sponsoring and client servicing
· Boost testing event filming and photo activities. This includes local and out-of-state travel as needed.
· Lead and facilitate meetings and workshops in a variety of formats, including in-person and web-based.
· Configure and convey solutions to members across
· Build and maintain reliance with key government stakeholders to facilitate effective collaboration between contractor (Leidos) and client (government).
· BA with 4+ years of professional experience in marketing and communications, or a MS with less than 2 years of professional experience in marketing and communications.
· Ability to travel for conferences and filming, locally and out of state
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
· Strong comprehension of branding and integrated marketing best practices to implement a cohesive vision across several projects.
· Demonstrated practice with writing and content development for a variety of communications media, platforms, and publications.
· Background with the planning and execution of in-person and virtual events.
· Background with metrics development, tracking, visualization, and reporting.
· Excellent verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills in English.
· Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Ability to work freely and as a member of a team.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple communications and outreach projects simultaneously, prioritizing demands on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
· Background with Adobe Creative Cloud software.
· Practice operating professional video and photo equipment, conducting photoshoots, and editing media.
· Familiar with web conferencing tools and platforms.
· Background with technical writing and following different communication style guides.
· Skilled at cultivating and managing relationships.
· Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
· Intellectual curiosity and dedication to be proficient in vast and complex subjects
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.