Leidos is seeking a Senior Staff System Integration & Test Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team who will be working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s Enterprise-Information Display System (E-IDS) which will replace the legacy IDSs with an enterprise system providing a single NAS baseline with a single logistics pipeline, reduced training needs, and national configuration management, leading to long-term operations and maintenance cost savings. There are five IDS currently in use at just over 450 Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities with approximately 5,000 IDS-equipped operating positions.
There are additional locations where IDS equipment is installed for remote communications, which will also be replaced. E-IDS will allow users to work efficiently by providing timely display and correlation of relevant operational information (e.g. maps, weather, and aeronautical features) simultaneously on an integrated geospatial display. E-IDS will provide each user access to enterprise-level information coupled with efficient, consistent, easy-to-use filtering, sorting and searching capabilities and quick reference information.
Senior Staff System Integration & Test Engineer responsibilities:
• Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
• Working alongside the FAA in preparing the laboratory environment for testing
• Collecting and analyzing data to aid in problem determination
• Instructing FAA counterparts in the operation and utilization of laboratory environments
• Developing and verifying unique facility adaptation data for testing purposes
• Able to integrate complex software with little to no outside support
• Debug system level issues and provide detailed supporting data on identified issues
• Write tools/productivity aids to automate data analysis and system status
• Able to understand System Level Requirements
• Work independently or in a team environment to support program milestones
• Provide guidance to test team and ensure team goals are appropriately set to meet all program milestones
• Develop and maintain test approach and procedures derived from System Level requirements (A- Level, SSS)
• Analyze identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
• Clearly communicate and generate briefings for reporting status to both internal and customer stakeholders
• Requires Bachelors Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR a Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Considered an authority in their area of expertise.
• Ability to work Overtime (OT), off hours or weekends if necessary to meet deadlines
• Experience leading and directing activities of a team
• Experience in following a documented Integration and Test Development Process
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong integration skills
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
• Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.