Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide System Engineering expertise and architecture support in the development of technical solutions and collaboration across partner organizations aligning with sponsor's business strategy. In this role, they are the leads for service, capability upgrades and the evaluation of new potential products in collaboration with system engineering and operations and assist with external partner liaison and outreach. The supported environment includes: a virtual desktop environment, roughly, 60 engineers and developers leverage the environment, not including system users, data scientists or analysts; Dev/test/prod environment on the sponsors primary network and joint integration network with Government partners; a mix of physical enclaves (including network equipment) and virtual VPCs segregating the system from the Sponsor's and Partner's general use LAN/WAN environments; and any changes to promote new requirements and the future strategy to minimize the physical footprint by leveraging multi-vendor cloud technologies to provide timely and scalable throughput for data scientists and analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience with Splunk, Nagios, HDFS, multiple versions of Linux (at a minimum, Red Hat and CentOS), virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware), and shell scripting (at minimum PERL and Python).
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration and build.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Big Data and underlying technologies like HADOOP clusters.
- Demonstrated experience creating fault tolerant solutions with cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience in leading complex IT systems engineering efforts.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with some combination of Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), application integration technologies and approaches, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing solutions, and data management technologies (Extract Transform Load (ETL), Data Profiling, Data Mining, Meta-data Repositories).
- Experience with multiple cloud vendors (i.e. Azure, Oracle, Google).
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.