Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Senior Project Scheduler in Columbia, MD. This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
This position requires deep understanding of scheduling practices to include Basis of Estimates (BOE) and baseline project schedules, integrated Master Plans and Work breakdown structures. Daily activities include being embedded with project teams, soliciting input from the technical team to ensure all dependencies (internal and external) are documented and tracked. Additionally, the successful candidate will actively support baseline reviews, interface with other internal teams to develop and prepare resource assignments, identify, and document schedule and risk, manage the integrity of the baseline data, and provide inputs in support of the business rhythms. The candidate must be able to communicate the impact of schedule status and baseline changes to a senior level audience. Must be a team player and able to communicate effectively
- Maintains program IMS/RLN across all TTOs, instituting schedule refinement and adherence methodologies to identify, control, and eliminate potential cost and schedule deviations.
- Review and present the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule if required).
- Attend program team meetings to obtain inputs for the project schedule. Travel to various Government buildings may be necessary to attend meetings to obtain updates for the project schedule.
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the Government PM.
- Assist with completion of Program Management related CDRLs including project schedules.
- Effectively communicate and manage assignment progress to meet deadlines.
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contribute to, review, and ensure on-time delivery of Program Management CDRL deliverables.
- Provide input to the Award Fee artifacts and reviews including self-assessments and Contractor Performance Self Assessments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from and accredited college or university is required. Twelve (12) years of experience scheduling in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
Experience in MS Project, Primavera or other scheduling tool is required.
Four (4) years of additional scheduling experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of scheduling experience.
- Must have the ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have the ability to coordinate activities at multiple sites and resolve complex issues across multiple sites, both pre-planned and last minute.
- Must have the ability to successfully manage multiple significant issues and tasks simultaneously, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and pro-actively take initiative when issues arise.
Security Clearance requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Domain specific experience in the applicable customer mission space is highly desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.