- Provide consulting to Agencies on Requests for Service for the design, development, and deployment of Ongoing Assessment, Ongoing Authorization, and other Information Assurance (IA) initiatives
- Provide continuous monitoring to enforce client security policy and procedures and create processes that will provide increased visibility to system owners on impacts to the security posture of systems
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies
- Monitor configuration management changes and assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed throughout the project and system lifecycle
- Ensure effective controls and processes are in place and working effectively to maintain a strong system security posture.
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analyses to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities
- Review system security A&A package submissions for consistency, completeness and traceability ensuring compliance
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate the appropriate closure of POA&Ms and facilitate with the Agency-designated security Point of Contact (PoC)/ISSO any related remediation activities
- Understand and monitor operations processes, including but not limited to, the Incident Response Process and Communications Process, to ensure that they are followed properly at Agencies in accordance with specific policies and procedures
- Ensure the development, documentation, and presentation of IS security education, awareness, and training activities for users and others, as appropriate
- Ability to manage multiple high visibility security projects and adjust to quick shifts in customer priorities while meeting all mission requirements
- Familiarity with controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (uploading/downloading) between information systems at varying classification levels;
- Performing Nessus scans and other vulnerability tools and interpreting the results
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical information and information technology jargon into plain English
- GSEC Security Essentials
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals
- BA or BS degree 8+ years of experience in a broad range of assignments with 4 years focused on security and/or ISSO work
- Will substitute additional experience and certifications in lieu of degree
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required. Candidates without this level clearance will not be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.