This Principal Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining cyber security devices for the customer’s information systems and networks protecting them from potential cyber-attacks. The Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology and utilization of Firewalls (Security Groups), VPNs, Data Loss Prevention (DPS), IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, Security Vulnerability, auditing and system health tools.
In this role, you will work directly with Team leads, developers and operations personnel throughout a DevSecOps life cycle both on policy and technical implementation of technologies.
• Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade security measures and tools for the protections of information systems and networks and automate repeatable tasks in a consultative role
• Design, configure, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software, such as firewalls (Security Groups), intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, anti-virus/malware (HBSS), cryptography systems (Vormetric), SIEM (Splunk), Solarwinds, Nagios, and MDM
• Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts of cyber security incidents (system and/or network breaches, malware attacks)
• Participate in the change management process
• Coordinate, and monitor log analysis for our managed services offerings, to ensure customer policy and security requirements are met
**Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.**
**A TS/SCI with Poly required for consideration.**
• Must have a BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a MS degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience
• Experience with at least two of the following tools: Splunk, HBSS/McAfee, Rapid7, Nagios, SolarWinds, CISCO IDS/IPS
• Knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, LAN/WAN concepts
• Experience with automation (e.g., Ansible, CloudFormation)
• Strong attention to detail with analytical mind outstanding problem-solving skills
• Experience with Agile Software Development
• Experience with additional security tools and processes such as IDS/IPS, VPN, Webinspect, Appdetective
• Experience with implementing and managing Network and Application Firewalls\
• Experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics activities
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell)
• Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies/Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience maintaining virtual private networks, firewalls, web protocols
• Experience with SAFe Agile Framework
• Knowledge of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking and social engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.