Come and join the Leidos SENS3 Vulnerability Assessment Management (VAM) team in Lorton VA. Participate in the vulnerability assessment of new and refreshed DHS sites and capabilities leading up to an Authority to Connect (ATC). Learn from other Information Assurance experts and have the opportunity to further develop your career in other Information Assurance domains. Our team is located in Lorton VA (Leidos location).
- Providing senior leadership and direction to other junior vulnerability analysts
- Providing senior level briefings and DHS/IA compliance reports
- Work with senior DHS points of contact and Engineering on remediation plans
- Lead IA projects to completion to include directing other team members
- Assessing new site installations
- Performing vulnerability scans to include analysis of results, identification of false positives, exceptions, and subsequent POAMs working with Engineering
- Plan of Action Milestone (POAM) creation and execution with Engineering
- Reporting to include POAM status and contributions to Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Scanning and Operations Support to include supporting the test/scanning environment, licensing, target asset refreshes, and credentials
Secondary duties may include:
- Creation and/or update of site security plans
- Evaluation of new scanning tools
- Resolution of scanning tool discrepancies
- Use of RSA/Archer for POAM management
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Be responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Have the ability to coach and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills to work directly with DHS customers
- Develops technical that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
BA/BS and 8 years of experience
- Previous experience with DHS
- Eight or more years of previous experience in this IA discipline area
- Experience with multiple scanners - Nessus Tenable, SCAP
- Experience with SteelCloud ConfigOS is desirable
- Demonstrated leadership skills with coaching Engineering in the creation of POAMs
- Experience maintaining a scanning environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.