Leidos has an opening for a C5ISRO Senior Systems Engineer at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. The candidate will analyze and develop plans and designs for C5ISR systems capabilities and develop integration and implementation plans and schedules as well as evaluate and make recommendations concerning Commercial and Government Off the Shelf (COTS/GOTS) hardware and software applications with an emphasis on Virtualization services. The candidate should also have the ability to support Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and Storage efforts as needed. The candidate will monitor the status of projects, prepare milestone reports, and present status reports to program managers and client staff. The chosen individual will provide technical and administrative support for systems installation, testing, administration, maintenance, and programming, as well as provide operation and maintenance support of CI5ISR systems to include system administration, troubleshooting and repair of existing systems and/or networks. The candidate will provide support to install and upgrade C5ISRO architectures as directed by the government.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Provide enterprise virtualized environment support by providing high-end engineering; support Windows Server-based services; and deployment and maintenance of systems supporting our customers.
- Provide written requirements, system architecture plans and designs, test plans, implementation plans, operation guides, and overall subject matter expertise for VMware systems, MS Windows desktop applications, MS Windows Server, VMware, and related COTS OS deployment technologies.
- Identify, test, and perform hardware and software equipment configuration updates, and maintain an optimized, stable, VMware environment.
- Perform work without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in the determination of technical objectives of assignments.
- Provide input to key project decisions with regard to system requirements, design, testing methods, and delivery activities.
- Communicate with key stakeholders regarding program status and recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee problem solving and troubleshooting issues within the deployed systems
- Plan, design, develop and recommend enhancements and modifications to existing systems as well as any new systems scheduled for development
- Support management activities to include patch management and backups across deployed systems
- Have a solid knowledge of network protocols, Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating systems
- Possess state-of-the-art knowledge of World Wide Web, Intelink, and intranet technology, processes, and applications
- Possess current knowledge of DoD Information Security Policies and Programs for COMPUSEC and INFOSEC, multi-level security, and emerging information warfare concepts
- Have an understanding of military operations, organizations, and operational information requirements
- Be familiar with Air Force intelligence systems and joint programs such as GALE and GCCS
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows environment and family of software to include: Server 2003/2007/2012, VMWare, Exchange, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project
- management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field (Master’s preferred)
- More than 10 years’ experience in C4I related activities
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- Experience configuring network devices
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II – Security +
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.