Service Desk Analyst
Location: Remote/Farnborough, UK
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
We are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join the team. This position operates on a shift basis and involves providing systems administration support to customers of Leidos Core platforms. The Service Desk function is responsible for Access, Event, Incident, Request, Problem Management, Maintenance and Continuous Service Improvements activities.
To keep the Leidos Core systems operational by:
- Performing system administration tasks as defined by the Operating Procedures
- Routinely monitoring the system using the software and hardware tools provided
- Responding appropriately to errors or faults as notified
- Maintaining information regarding Leidos Core system activities so as to be able to respond to enquiries
To help resolve fault calls by:
- Providing assistance and initial information to callers
- Identifying and resolving common problems
- Documenting solutions
- Adhering escalation/elevation processes and procedures
- Timely and accurate inputting of data into the call logging system
- Ensuring that Incidents and Service Requests requiring further help are referred to the appropriate agency e.g. 2nd/3rd Line Systems Administrators, the Operations Support Group, etc.
To adhere to the Leidos customer care policy:
- To abide by the Leidos protocols
- To promote the success of Leidos Core and Leidos Innovations
- To contribute to the planning and development of the overall service
- To undertake duties of a similar level and nature elsewhere in Leidos if necessary to ensure that customer needs are met
- The role is weekday, 5 day shifts 08:00 to 16:00 hours, with an overnight and weekend on call rota
- Experience providing system administration to company / mission critical IT systems and the ability to contribute to their further development.
- Commitment to an ethos of superior service and the ability to work effectively whilst under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to meet the needs of a wide range of external and internal service clients and to develop effective working relationships within Leidos, both oral and written
- Solid IT troubleshooting skills in order to deal with a wide range of different processes and systems, with the ability to understand a problem by breaking it down systematically into its component parts
- Commitment to working as a member of a team which responds flexibly to changing pressures and demands
- An active interest in the development of the Service Desk function and its contribution to the IDENT1 project as a whole
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise a large busy workload, planning activities for self and others in a fast-paced environment
- Service Desk e.g. Remedy or ServiceNow
- Microsoft Windows
Would Be of Benefit to Have:
- AWS Services
- Palo Alto
- Active Directory
- VS Code
- Bamboo, Terraform and Ansible
- Hashicorp Vault
- Thales Keysecure
- Sophos AV
- Dell DataDomain
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC HO
- Ability to work in the required environment including a satisfactory security clearance (SC + NPPV3)
Reinvent yourself at Leidos UK! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.