Service Continuity Architect
Location: UK Mobile Worker
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
The Leidos Service Continuity Archiect is part of the Service Management Team, which provides consistent & efficient Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery documentation support and guidance to Leidos and Leidos customers. Working collaboratively with other parts of the wider Leidos UK and Leidos Corporate BCMS teams to ensure consistency in Policies and Standards.
The primary objective of the Leidos Service Continuity Architect is to use the Leidos SCDR / BCDR / ITSCM documentation to create SC and DR response plans for the services that are user-centric. Responsible for the delivery of cost effective documentation which complies with the customer’s requirements, meets mission needs and which can be fully integrated with the customer’s service eco-system and aligned with Leidos BCMS.
Key Skills and Experience:
You will have experience in delivering SCDR response plans and document management. Good understanding of enterprise IT technologies and infrastructure components. Highly experienced and qualified in service management frameworks (ITIL) and their practical implementation. Experienced in large-scale outsourcing bid responses, particularly government model contract is desirable. SC security cleared as a minimum. A strong sense of humour is helpful.
The Leidos Service Continuity Architect must have:
- Expert knowledge of Business Continuity Institute Standards ISO22301, with working knowledge of other related ISOs
- Experience of service continuity and or disaster recovery project management, delivery, testing, improvement and governance
- Developing and delivering Service / Business Continuity documentation and support, often across multiple Service Programmes, con-currently
- Transitioning SCDR / BCDR documentation to the Programme Support team for in-life management
- A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques, understanding of SecDevOps function and agile development methodologies
- A strong operational understanding of service supply chains
- The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, interfacing/presenting to director level
- Experience of driving through service improvement activities
- Providing input to the pre-sales process to facilitate submission of high-quality, achievable proposals
- Experience of developing service based process and procedures in a commercial environment interoperate with SCDR and ITIL frameworks
- Understanding of how technology, process, tools and people combine together to provide effective customer focused solutions
- Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; with a flexible and pragmatic approach
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting
- Client relationship management - Build effective relationships with client team at all levels
- Ability to grasp complex technical information quickly, assimilate and explain to non-technical audiences
- Experience of the development of complex IT services including customer liaison management
- Experience and knowledge of financial management, cost centre control and project planning and delivery
- Experience of developing Recovery Time Objectives / Recovery Point Objectives, integrating with SLAs and operational procedures in a commercial environment
- Good strategic planning and organisational skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills - Good team builder and leader
The Leidos Service Continuity Architect will be responsible for:
- Develop SCDR documentation and processes required for each programme aligned to ISO22301, awareness of 20000- SM, 31000-Risk, 27001/2-Security, 9001-QMS, 44001-Collaboration. Aligned to ITIL processes and Service provision, tailoring as required.
- All aspects of service / business continuity, disaster recovery, ITSCM, creating service models and implementation plan creation for programmes
- Collaborate with Solution Architect and Chief Engineer to develop service continuity and resilient solutions
- Complete Business / Service Impact Analysis (BIA/ SIA) – manage risks / threats accordingly via programme and create supporting response documentation
- Evaluating and managing these service risks, dependencies and issues appropriately through the gated delivery lifecycle
- Collaborate with Programme or Project Management to lead on SCDR elements of delivery to enable the transition the service into live production.
- Involvement in transitioning new services from Projects to Business as Usual (BAU) through formal Service Transition processes, providing support to test and assurance activities
- Act as SME representing SCDR/BCDR for programmes, working with Legal, Supply Chain and Security teams to ensure consistency across corporate disciplines.
Supporting the following areas as a SME:
Bids & Proposal:
- Delivering an overall service continuity response that meets the needs of the customer and Leidos strategy, producing SCDR / BCDR responses for proposals and being the SME on bids
- Translating customer requirements and contractual obligations into a Service SCDR / BCDR response
- Providing thought leadership in relation to service architecture, solution architecture and resilience requirements
- Creating Basis of Estimate for SCDR / BCDR delivery
- Working in collaboration with Solution Leads, Programme, SME’s Capture, Sales and Bid Teams
- Participating in bid reviews and proposal governance to ensure high quality proposals are submitted
- Upon contract award, responsible for the development of the SCDR documentation with the Service Delivery and Operations teams.
- Developing implementation plan to deliver SCDR / BCDR in line with overall customer and programme timelines
- Collaborative with Service Delivery Manager and Solution Architect to ensure the service model is fit for operational purpose, support and management (maintainable and adaptable) and in line with the Customer and Leidos strategy.
- Ensure programme testing and integration testing is completed as part of the Service Assurance activities
- Liaising with programme management, service delivery and customer to assure delivery of quality service products on time and to budget.
- Ensuring teams involved with delivery of the service have their processes and supporting artefacts.
- Supporting transformation of the customer organisation to an ITIL based model.
- Working closely with the Operations team to ensure that implemented or changed services are capable of delivering to target service levels and performance indicators.
- Develop and managing recommendations identified in programme testing activities
- Manage and support risks identified as part of Business / Service Impact Analysis (BIA/ SIA) or operational incidents / problem root cause analysis
- Championing service management and associated processes and procedures within the organisation, operating within the ITIL frameworks and compliant with ISO2000
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Integrating into the Leidos BCWG
- Ensure that testing is completed regularly in accordance with programme requirements, act as governance liaison with programme and LUK BC team
- CBCI / MBCI / AMBCI – Business Continuity Institute
- ITIL v3 / 4 certification.
- Service Design/Architecture experience.
- ITSM Consultancy /Service Transition background.
- Design & Innovation.
- Large scale Service Transition experience.
- Experience of writing quality proposals and tender documents.
- Experience of modelling techniques and tools – process, applications, data and technology
- A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques with strong operational understanding of service supply chains
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives
- Self motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills
- Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running workshops
- Team development and motivational skills
- Oral and Written communications – clear technical writing and presentation.
- In-depth Problem Solving skills
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role DV
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos UK, where your most important work is ahead!..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.