Emersons Green, Bristol UK (office once per week)
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Leidos Europe is looking for a Finance Analyst to join the UK team based in Bristol. Leidos works closely with its customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations. This role is primarily concerned with Leidos Europe’s largest contract, which supports the UK MoD’s procurement, storage and distribution activities.
The role offers the opportunity to work on cross functional teams; interfacing with Procurement, Programme Management, Scheduling, Material Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
The individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, determination, an ability to build productive relationships across diverse skillsets and ultimately will need to deliver on time and to a high quality in a fast paced dynamic environment. It is important that the individual has a team player mind-set, as sharing knowledge with existing members of the highly skilled Finance Team will be critical to success. Opportunities for professional development with external accreditations are also available for further career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Act as the primary finance point of contact for the designated business areas; providing support and information to enable timely and accurate decision making.
- Full planning cycle finance analyst support for product categories.
- Perform financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) in collaboration with cross-functional subject matter experts to support regular reporting and presentations to Senior Leadership.
- Extracting data and compiling performance reports while assisting with preparing variance analyses.
- Calculation of product cost savings from procurement and life cycle cost reduction activities.
- Support the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process across designated product groups and take ownership of the submitted forecast.
- Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability.
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for the business, and support strategy development.
- Drive consistency and standardisation across the wider Leidos Finance Team, ensuring compliance to Leidos standards and requirements.
- Support the development of performance metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team.
- Actively support and respond to customer queries and audit requests.
- Support external audit.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working within an operations-facing finance team, acting as a Business Partner to key Operational Managers & Executives.
- Business (Finance) Acumen.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience of using SAGE ERP X3 is desirable.
- Experience of owning, driving and delivering business results.
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of MoD inventory accounting is desirable.
- At least part-qualified accountant; with an intent to qualify with a professional body.
Background in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or Project Accounting / Controlling preferred. The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
- Generate management information reports, presenting product purchase activity by item number, which articulates variance against budget, forecast or historic actuals; presenting: Split by Channel of Supply Volume purchased Volume demanded Front Line Command / Top Level Budget Ownership / UIN / Authorised Demander WBS DMC Product Category Contract of supply Capital and non-capital spend Other categories as appropriate
- Manage the communication of potential budget overspend and adjustment factors both internally and with the customer.
- Generate a monthly calculation of actual product based benefit share achieved and a forecast for the current year and the remainder of the contract, incorporating details of adjustment factors and any other pertinent assumptions. Explain variance to contract, budget and forecast expectations.
- Generate a monthly calculation of product financial benefit achieved and a forecast for the current year and the remainder of the contract, incorporating details of adjustment factors and any other pertinent assumptions. Explain variance to contract, budget and forecast expectations.
- Submit information to support or substantiate any aspect of Management Information.
- Ensure that the WBS and financial reporting structure is at least to the same level of detail as, and is consistent with the original LCST contract calculations.
- Ensure key accounting assumptions in product management information are consistent with the provisions of existing accepted UK accounting and financial reporting standards and/or international financial reporting standards where applicable.
- Ensure that all management information complies with UK MoD Excel model build standards.
- Audit management information supplied by key subcontractors prior to submitting to the UK MoD.
- Update forecast of expenditure documentation to reflect any changes in costs and associated assumptions.
- Support the Compilation and report Commodity Product Supply Payments (CPSP) where needed.
Leidos UK! Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.