As On-boarding Partner at Leidos UK, you will be responsible for coordinating the new hire on-boarding process, starting from offer creation through to the employee’s first day in the business. You will play a vital role in delivering the best candidate experience.
You will be part of the Talent Acquisition function, and work closely with the team to manage the candidate journey from offer acceptance, coordinating efforts with HR, Security, IT, Payroll and Finance, to ensure “Day 1” readiness for our new joiner.
The role will be hired on a 12 months fixed term maternity cover contract; however, there may be the possibility of extending or convering to a permanent member of staff in the future.
- Communicate with new hires post-offer acceptance and pre-start to manage their on-boarding experience. Provide all candidates with regular updates throughout the process.
- Provide best in class customer service to new hires and their managers, working close with your peers in the Talent Acquisition team and other functions to deliver a stellar experience.
- Serve as a one stop shop and Leidos Ambassador for all new hires.
- Ensure the effective coordination of collective efforts across all functions involved in the on-boarding process – you will chair weekly calls with Security, Service Desk and Client Services and hold teams accountable to strict deadlines.
- Act as a main point of contact for all on-boarding related queries, both to candidates as well as their line managers.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Security team to ensure that the new joiner is progressed through the security vetting process, provide necessary new starter information to the Payroll team, and coordinate with the IT team to ensure timely delivery of IT equipment in advance of Day 1.
- Work in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to process all necessary actions for permanent hires.
- Maintain, update and circulate the weekly on-boarding report to all relevant parties in the business.
- Raise purchase order request for agency hires in the in-house procurement system.
Key skills, experience & qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role, working in a Recruiting or HR function.
- A good emphasis on customer service and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of seniority in the organisation.
- Comfortable working against tight deadlines and holding others accountable to strict timeframes.
- A high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality, as you will be dealing with personal candidate data.
- The ability to work effectively with Recruiting and HR systems (prior experience with Workday is an asset, but not essential).
- Good level of experience working in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deal with complex data and ensure accuracy of information being managed.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, EV scheme, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working
Our commitment to diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who we are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What makes us different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.