Here is an excellent opportunity to learn and work for a leading Fortune 500 company. This fast-paced environment will have you working in their Airborne Solutions Operation (ASO), Defense sector, with many business development opportunities. You will work primarily remotely with potential travel to specific events and be able to complete internal Leidos training to help further your upcoming career.
Airborne Solutions Operations, Business Development Team is looking for interns interested in a career in Business Development. This position is an excellent opportunity for a college student with a Business and sales background to support ASO.
This position will require an individual to be adaptable and have good organization and communication skills—someone who is instinctively proactive.
The ideal candidate would understand many business-related fundamentals, from basic finance budgeting to sales concepts and terms.
The candidate must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in this role. Understand prioritization, have attention to detail, be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Provide support to the ASO Vice President of Operations Business Development and Strategy
- Assist Director of Operations with Business Development action items as requested
- Assist tracking budgets for Business Development Team
- Coordinate and schedule meetings as needed
- Communication with internal and external personnel
- Accurate, organized, and punctual note taking abilities with an after actions report delivery
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s in business development, Business Administration, Marketing, business finance or related field of study
- Proficient in MS Office 365 applications (Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Complete tasks individually and as a team participant
- Have a basic understanding of business management terms
- Strong desire and ability to keep organized
- Candidate should be available 20-30 hours per week. Hours can vary based on workload and candidates school schedule
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Experience with multiple software applications
- Prefer candidates local to Tampa, Fl., Manassas, Va., or Reston, Va. 90% telework. 10% local office work
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.