The Public Health Portfolio of Leidos is seeking a Senior Database Engineer in Atlanta, GA to support the CDC OCIO Cloud Modernization program.
This CDC OCIO Cloud Modernization program assists the CDC in migrating over 400 applications from on-premises to cloud solutions.
The Senior Database Engineer is a key asset in the design, development, and deployment of cloud-based solutions.
The Senior Database Engineer will:
- Apply technical knowledge and experience across teams to support architecture and design solutions that meet business and IT needs, that may be used to create cloud data models and database architecture using database deployment and monitoring automation code and provide long term technical viability of cloud master data management integrated repositories.
- May leverage technologies to modernize data architecture using monitoring, performance data architecture, migration of data/database
- May create cloud data models and database architecture using database deployment, monitoring automation code, and for long term technical viability of cloud master data management integrated repositories, and instantiation code templates.
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience with database deployment, configuration, and optimization
- 3+ years of experience with data/database migration from on-premises to cloud (AWS/Azure) skills may include:
- Database: Azure SQL, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, MYSQL, MariaDB and Azure Cosmos DB, AWS RDS/Aurora PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB,
- Data Analytics: SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Synapse, data lake concepts and Visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau.
Experience working in/with Agile development teams
BS degree in Computer Science preferred
3+ years of experience working with the CDC
Ability to Obtain NACI clearance
Must reside in the US
Preference to local to Atlanta area
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.