Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Engineer for a new customer on a highly visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. This individual will work with internal team members to ensure that systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The Security Engineer will support the design and development of cybersecurity tools and technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide systems and networks.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight
- Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process
- Documentation and reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order
- Resolve Linux system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file system and full disk errors
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Linux network services such as NFS, NTP, FTP, SSH, DNS and STIG them using DISA guidelines
- Configure LDAP server and LDAP client on Linux machines for authorization and authentication
- Experience in backend solution, day to day system admin and monitoring, file system management and disk management and creation of shell scripts for the automation of tasks and the extraction of logs
- Hardware and software installations, upgrades, maintenance, security analysis and network performance and tuning of Linux servers in a virtual infrastructure
- Define system security & design requirements to meet FISMA and FedRAMP compliance standards
- Maintain a current working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, security best practices, and technical standards
- Communicate with other technical leads, IT groups, and customer reps so they understand all aspects of proposed changes/solutions
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes
- Understanding network security (firewalls and IDS) design and implementation
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 10-12 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cybersecurity OR Masters with 8-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting Linux.
- Extensive automation experience with PowerShell and Shell Scripting for automating repeatable tasks and installations
- Extensive knowledge of server operations and maintenance
- Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools to include installing, provisioning and monitoring.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining tools such as Tanium, Nessus, Axonius, and Cyberark in a hybrid-cloud environment.
- Extensive knowledge of DELL (Power Edge) and other Enterprise Servers
- Extensive knowledge of Ansible, Satellite, and VMWare ESXi/VCenter
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Superior attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, research, and follow-up skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Ability to obtain an Entry of Duty (EOD) Public Trust
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet one of these certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNP, CCIE Security, CEH, RHCSA, RHCA, RHCE, MCSE, COMPTIA Security+, GCIH, GPEN, OSCP, OSCE, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Experience automating management tasks with Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience developing in Bash, Python, and/or Powershell
- Experience working with SIEM tools such as Splunk to ingest, normalize, store, and maintain data from endpoint, network, and application sourcetypes.
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.