The SIGINT Solutions Division of the Cyber SIGINT Solution Operation has an opening for a Network Administrator/Systems Engineer to work in our Columbia, MD office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping several Commercial Contracts setup networking systems in various data centers across the country. This job will require coordination with various clients to design and plan network communication systems. This job will entail site surveys of data center locations and prepare write-ups for each job surveyed.
- Provide specifications and detailed drawings, and Bill of Materials (BOM) for network architectures.
- Conduct cost/benefit study and provides specific detailed information for hardware, data center selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity needs.
- Conduct testing of network design and be accountable for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Plan implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network and maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Candidate will be involved with implementation and sustainment of router and switching solutions in a data center/telecommunications environment.
- Must understand and be able to implement several common features such as IP routing, policy-based routing, switching, VLAN configuration, access-control lists, secure virtual tunneling solutions and IP SLA requirements. Candidate must have familiarity in the implementation and sustainment of an SNMP based metrics, monitoring and reporting software solution such as ZENOSS or Solarwinds.
- Must have experience in integration of network systems equipment in a rack mount-based solution. Candidate must have strong communications and organizational skills to assist in the implementation of vendor circuit orders, service implementation changes, IP subnetting and allocation, troubleshooting IP and telecom-based service interruption issues as required.
- Must be willing to accept requirements for on-call and minimal CONUS travel requirements if needed
Clearance Required Active TS/SCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- Bachelor of Science in related discipline such as Information Technology or Information Systems with an emphasis in Internetworking or a minimum of 10+ years in a similar past experience in the last 15 years.
- 10+ years’ experience with Cisco routers to include Integrated Service Routers (ISR). Understanding and implementation of static routing, policy-based routing, access-control lists (ACL), IP encryption tunneling protocols such as IPSEC and Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI). Also include an understanding and implementation of IP SLA and route failure scenarios.
- 10+ years of experience with Cisco Catalyst series switches to include configuration and implementation of base IP routing, VLAN implementation, secure access protocols such as SSH and ACL configuration.
- 5+ years’ experience in design and implementation requirements to provide customer solutions as needed for network. This includes diagram drafting, creating a rack elevation model, requesting vendor product quotes and cost analysis. Order equipment, burn in testing and fielding rack solution where required.
- Experience in the implementation and sustainment of common SNMP monitoring platforms such as ZENOSS with an emphasis on node management and configuration of SNMPv3 accounting on all routers and switches as well as software platform. Must be able to understand metrics monitoring and reporting as well as trending of bandwidth utilization for planning of appropriate bandwidth scaling of all communications circuits in use.
- Must be able to work IP and Telecom vendor related issues such as circuit order implementation from initial orders to tracking of completion. Circuit related outages or interruptions and coordinating remote support for service restoration.
- Bachelor of Science in related discipline such as Information Technology or Information Systems with an emphasis in Internetworking or a minimum of 10+ years in a similar past experiences in the last 15 years.
- Aggregate Service Routers (ASR) platforms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.